Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Making Valentines

We had a lot of fun this year making Valentines. Unfortunately, not very many people got them because we were better at decorating than delivering. So, if you didn't get one, sorry. You were supposed to, but alas. . .

Mirand and Samuel both worked very hard on coloring and glueing cnady on their Valentines.

Miranda in particular worked very hard and was very proud of her finished product.
I have to admit that knowing the origins of Valentine's day makes me cringe a bit. I don't want my children to not enjoy the fun of holidays, but then again I have a hard time with some traditional things about holidays that I don't particularly want to support. So my compromise with Valentine's day is that we can do Valentine's things, but I will avoid as much as possible certain symbols of the day such as the heart pierced with an arrow. I won't explain why this and other things about Valentine's offend me; I don't want to ruin it for anyone else without their permission.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Very fun. I choose not to google the history of Valentine's Day so that I can go on feeling happy about all of the sticker hearts with arrows through them that Lily and I played with during sacrament meeting last week....